November 18, 2009

I think I'm cursed

I've come to realize that a lot of random things happen to me and part of me thinks it's because I have bad luck.

For instance, my mishap with a squirrel yesterday. Yes, a squirrel.
In a nutshell, it ran up my leg after I tried to beckon it over. Now try picturing me making the attempt to shake it off my leg, in the middle of the street, right behind Robarts Library. I was sooo embarrassed. The sad thing is, I've had a similar experience, in which I got owned, by 4 pigeons. They basically took my bread and flew on my arms and shoulders, which scared the heck out of me.

Anyway, back to more bad luck!

Last night, my car battery died. It was completely my fault for leaving my radio and heater on without turning on the engine. And, when you're about 30 mins from home, without jumper cables at 4 in the morning, with a full bladder, everything looks worse than it really is.

Thank God that after asking around, a really kind McDonald's employee lent me his jumper cables!

Is it just me, or do you think that bad luck actually exists?
Or is it merely negative thinking?

Why do these things happen to me, and not to other people? Sure, it seems funny when I tell my random stories, but do I actually want to be in these situations? Not really.

It always seems like anything is bound to happen when you're me.

5 Comments:

At November 18, 2009 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Winston said...

ya i'm sorry but the animal thing sounds kind of lucky...i always imagined if having a bunch of birds hover around me, the key thing to remember is to stand with your arms up gracefully and then it might look like you're 'commanding the birds' in some very angelic-like 'out of a movie' way, of course doves or smaller birds than pigeons would probably make it look more appealing, not a crazy 'bird lady/man' way. and the squirrel thing is just awesome! i'd try to keep it LOL

 
At November 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger wordSunspoken said...

rofl

 
At November 18, 2009 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh MY Gosh. I know you already told me the squirrel story but reading it made it even more funny, and the birds!! I swear you're like Snow White: the behind story.

And awww amy, it probably does seem like all these weird/awful events happen to you a lot. I know it's quite cliche of me to say this but I believe God only lets certain people take on the hard hits in life because they were made to have a stronger character than the rest of us. (for greater and cooler things to do in the kingdom of God! Amen?)

Anyways YAY for you starting up a blog!!! Will look forward to future posts!

 
At November 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM , Blogger A.Shin said...

I never would have thought that these kinda things would happen to you. Especially with squirrels and birds both owning you.

In all honesty, I think it's more of negative thinking than anything else. Your own perceptions, whatever it might be, during the situations might shape it to be that way, better or worse. But I agree with the comment above me, in that these instances will most likely help you develop into a more stronger person (who can be patient with all the crazy, awkward, and weird moments in life).

 
At November 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Monni said...

LMAO!! Seriously, the Squirrels on campus are totally wackkk! Omggg that must have been really scary though! :( I saw one fall out of a tree in front of Carr Hall a couple weeks ago... since when do squirrels fall out of trees anyways? lol yuckkk!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home