February 4, 2010

Addicted to Your Love

After being an avid reader of romance novels and films, I've become quite the hopeless romantic. I often dream about finding true love like Leo and Kate in Titanic (except for death being involved) and the passion that they share.

As farfetched as I sound, I believe that true love exists.

You may disagree with me, especially if you're a cynic when it comes to love, but I'm going to continue to dream, believe, and pray that the day will come when I find it.

I'm not saying that I believe in love at first sight, nor am I saying that other types of love are not "true." I'm just saying that I want to experience a love that lasts for a lifetime, one that doesn't burn out, and has no compromises; a love like my Father's, unchanging and steadfast.

To clarify myself, I'm not in love. In fact, I've never really been in love. I'm still trying to fathom the fact that someone could even love me. I think once I truly understand God's love for me, I'll be able to experience love like never before.

... for He is love.

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

AMY. first of all. i love discovering that my friends blog.

second of all. i'm a believer in true love too!

 
At February 11, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger jenni said...

deep down im a hopeless romantic... but sometimes i feel like all those books and movies only set you up for disappointment because they make you expect way too much... and these days I can't help but be a cynic to help guard that hopeless romantic who hides deep down lol...

ps. i think im a romeo and juliet fan hahahah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home