February 17, 2010

Stressed backwards is Desserts

I just binged on brownies.
Yes, brownies.

Ah, they were moist and chocolatey -- but not too sweet -- made with real milk chocolate chunks for some extra texture. Drool.

Why must I have a sweet tooth?



So that I can enjoy these suckers. Mmm.

Lately, I've been in the baking mood. Maybe it's because of Valentine's Day or because it's Reading Week and I have nothing else to do than to indulge and satisfy my cravings. It's probably the latter.



I baked these for my Valentine. I wish I could've iced the cupcakes much better. I need to start making my own icing. I guess I'll start next time, and I always tell myself that.

Anyway, I've realized that Valentine's causes unnecessary stress for men. It's just another day. No need to whip out your wallet and buy Tiffany & Co's or LV bags for your girlfriend. There are 364 other days to do that (lol). I think I'd be even happier if I received flowers, chocolates, or anything else on a random day like March 2nd, rather than having expectations to receive something on February 14th because it's a so-called holiday.



But, then again, flowers are always nice : )

2 Comments:

At February 17, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Ingrid said...

Darn you, Amy! Now I'm craving chocolate. I agree, the expectations of Valentine's Day usually lead to disappointment. A surprise is always much more impressive.

But it's nice to see what the boys come up with. :)

 
At February 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM , Blogger jes said...

Hi amy! did you make those brownies? cuz if you did.. yum!

looks like your vday was good :) yayyy

and i like this thing...blogspot. i really missed xanga. haha :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home