September 16, 2010

Dolce Far Niente

I can't believe my last blog post was when it was still snowing in February. I missed two entire seasons... TWO. I can barely remember Spring, so I can't even give you guys a recap.

Summer's still fresh in my memory, but it wasn't really extraordinary. I mean, there were definitely some fun moments, but most of my summer was mundane and full of routines. From May to August, I juggled 3 jobs: Mexx, Starbucks and Home Trust Company. I worked 9-5 Monday-Friday at Home Trust and then I closed at Mexx and Starbucks in the evenings, usually over the weekends. I missed many birthdays and dinners because of work... I basically had no social life.

To all of you that think I'm a huge flopper:
I'm sorry for not being a good friend; for not making myself available for you guys; for choosing work over something that was important to you.

I was trying really hard in the first half of summer to pay off my debt from school, credit cards, and irresponsible spending habits, but I got a little carried away. My dad influenced me a lot with my decisions because he encouraged me to focus on working and making money. And here I am, still working 3 jobs and trying to get out of 2 of them. To tell you the truth, I'm scared to quit because I'm scared of my dad. But I need to, in order to find rest and strength, to find beauty in the simple things of life, and most importantly, to spend more time with my other dad... you know, God.















Dolce far niente. The sweetness of doing nothing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home