January 30, 2013

Post-Worthy

Hello world,

It's me, entering the blog world again. Not for the sake of having readers and followers, but for the sake of self-reflection and reliving memories.

Lately, I've been on Instagram, posting pictures from my life that seem worth posting, but who am I kidding? Most of my pictures are of food, my dog, and my boyfriend -- All important in my life, but they don't even come remotely close to what really matters in my life: GOD.

I feel like I should be posting pictures that display His magnificent creations like glorious sunsets, starry nights, and majestic mountains, but I'm not. I'm going to make it a habit to capture the beauty that God has created so that the world may know it belongs to Him.

I'm 24 now. I'm over my 22-yr-old-crisis from my last post and I'm currently finding ways of bettering myself. As a Christian, I've failed many times, but the awesome thing about God is that He forgives and His love is unchanging. I want to live a life that honours Him. I want to have a different perspective that sees from His eyes. I want a heart that is compassionate and moved by others. I want the people that I love to know His name.

I cannot do these things by my own strength, but I will pray for these things and for change to happen in my life and those close to me.

It's tough accepting that there are things that I cannot do or change in my own control, but it's an act of trusting in God and His will. With God, anything is possible, but He knows what's best for us.

That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Matthew 6:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home