June 20, 2019

Weight for it

2018 has been a transformative year for my mind, body, and soul.

For the first time in my life, I have invested in myself.  I have prioritized my health and I have finally learned how to properly nourish and care for my body.

In the past, my relationship with food and alcohol was unhealthy.  I would binge eat and drink whenever I was happy or sad and everything in between.  I never thought about the consequences on my health.  I thought I was invincible.  

Eventually, my poor diet choices caught up to me.  In May 2018, I was at my heaviest weight ever, my energy was low, and I was desperate to change myself.  On a whim, I signed up for a 6 week fitness challenge with Fight Fitness and I had no idea what to expect.

Little did I know that I made one of the best decisions in my life.  Fight Fitness provided me with coaches, group training, nutrition plans, accountability, and so much more.  During the fitness challenge, I shed pounds of fat, gained muscle, and learned about nutrition.  After 6 weeks, I lost a total of 6.4% of body fat, 14.4 pounds, and went down 2 dress sizes.  I accomplished more than I could even fathom.

There were many moments when I wanted to give up.  It was an emotional battle trying to let go of my bad habits.  It really does take 21 days to develop a habit.  Once I passed the 3-week hump, it was smooth sailing from there.  My energy increased, my optimism was back in full force, and my perspective towards fitness shifted for the better.

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

I am ready to see what's in store for 2019!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home